Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ucreate hacking - Part1 Update Nr2.

I am working hard on the Ucreate while working on the USB app at the moment,which is around 60% done, i thought I release my LopGenerator which was made a week ago or so.  The app was coded under Win but it should be portable to Mac and Linux.
Right now the code is here. If someone needs it compiled, please post a comment.
Please read the README file!
Is someone interessting in a tutorial? I could write one for WinXP or so ;)

Cool and free samples can be found here.

--marbs

EDIT:

Thanks for your feedback Nathan, compiled version is now available for Windows at Gitorious. Linux version will follow the next days ;)
I dont have access to a OS X machine so someone else should compile the code.

EDIT2:
After the problems with cygwin1.dll I found a better solution.
I changed compiler flags (-mno-cygwin). The program should now run on any Windows machine.

--marbs

13 comments:

  1. Bravo Marbs! I knew if I waited long enough some genius would take notice of the UCreate and crack it wide open. I would've done it myself, but I'm no coder. I knew it was only a matter of software.
    I could use a compiled copy of your LopGenerator, I'm not sure how to do it myself.
    And I look forward to the release of the USB app.
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work! This little machine could be great with a little twisting of the software. I could also do with a compiled version too and can't wait for the USB app!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm getting this error....
    https://www.sites.google.com/site/errorzzzzzzzzz/home/error.png
    I'm running Windows 7. Is that a problem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are running Win7 on 32 bit, arent you?
    The uploaded file is from my Win 7 x64 machine, so thats maybe the problem. Installing cygwin on your PC should fix this issue.

    Cygwin can be found here: http://cygwin.com
    Just click next until installation is done, normally you wont need to select anything.

    Then delete cygwin1.dll in the app folder.

    I hope this works, sorry anyways. I am working on a better solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know what was wrong. Your cygwin1.dll was not downloaded correctly. Here is a small tutorial how to do it right.

    1.Click on the link above for the code
    2.On the right side there is a button called "Download master as tar.bz"
    3.Download and open with WinRAR or something else.
    4.Run it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!!!!

    Now if my PC worked :'(

    I've been using my Mac. Someone's got to Mac it out!!!

    Good work Marbs ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. how can i insert the file in lopgenerator? THANKS FOR DOING THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just copy your PCM 8000kHz 8bit wav file into the lopGenerator direction.
    Start the LopGenerator and enter your wav filename, for example test.wav.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I compiled it for OSX: http://scragz.com/files/dump/2011-03-29/LopGenerator

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your work on this.

    I'm getting this error: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13205827/errors/uload.JPG

    I'm not sure if I have the 0.9 firmware. How can I check and how do I upgrade it?

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea how to write or compile code. And i am a mac user. Is there a simple way for a dip like me to use this? I have two ucreates and i love them but loading my own samples would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehh1fn6D2Lk&list=PLJSvyfpaaK7ESfsIWcdwDMCS-YhIw1xc4

    detailed tutorial and temp fix method for proper custom sounds...guaranteed solved... wish marbs was around to see this.

    ReplyDelete